Looking for an image editor similar to WindowsPaint.Net or Mac OS Paint Brush? LazPaint is an open source image editor that runs on Linux.
LazPaint An image editor with layers and transparency. It is written in Lazarus (Free Pascal) and uses the BGRABitmap library. With OpenRaster format support, it can interoperate with MyPaint, Gimp and Krita.
The features are:
- Read and write various file formats, including layered bitmaps and 3D files.
- Tools: Many tools are available for drawing on layers.
- Use antialiasing to select a portion of the image and change that selection as a mask.
- View: Color window, layer stack window, toolbox window.
- Command line support.
- Support for keyboard shortcuts.
How to install LazPaint on Ubuntu:
Provided by the image editor
.deb Packages that can be downloaded from the link below:
Get the latest deb package and run the command in the terminal to install it.
sudo apt install ./Downloads/lazpaint*.deb
Once installed, open it from the system application launcher and have fun!
(Optional) To remove LazPaint, just run the command in the terminal.
sudo apt remove lazpaint