LiVES, a free open source video editor and VJ tool, has released a new major version 3.2.0 with new features, performance and resource usage improvements, and many other changes.
change point LiVES 3.2.0 include:
- The initial boot has been rewritten.
- Updated GTK + support to 3.24.
- A complete rewrite of the buttons, a new font chooser.
- Specify the configuration directory from the command line.
- I implemented a thread pool using generic worker threads.
- Introduced the idea of lives_proc_threads.
- Memory processing optimized for specific cases.
- You can set disk space allocation for your application.
- Implemented automatic gamma correction.
- Implemented swscale thread.
- Added predictive cache mechanism to players.
- Fixed some screen / window size issues.
- The renderer now uses a separate thread to save the frame to disk, which renders much faster.
- A new intelligent “auto layout” mode to improve the appearance of all parameter windows.
- Visual adjustments to the Preferences window.
- Fixed mkv_decoder to be able to decode webm clips.
- ctrl-alt-space now performs loop locks in the clip editor (trick play).
- Add keys a / A (lock / unlock audio track) to play the clip editor.
- Two more keyboard effect keys (ctrl-minus and ctrl-equals) have been added.
- You can now normalize the audio after rendering.
- Added “Audio Bleed Through” mode to multitrack.
- The volume level of individual clips can now be adjusted during playback (temporary) and non-playing (permanent).
- A new “Audio Normalization” feature has been added.
- Add settings to the settings window.
- When you open another window, the frame number defaults to the pointer position.
- The multitrack separate window now appears undecorated.
- The appearance of the’fireTV’effect has been improved.
- Adds a menu option to jump to the next mark / jump to the previous mark on the multitrack.
How to install LiVES 3.2.0 on Ubuntu:
PPA package in progress. I will update the post when the installation is possible. For the source code, please access the following URL.