MyPaint 2.0, free open-source raster graphics editor for digital painters, was finally released after more than a year of development.
MyPaint 2.0 is a new major release that features a new layer mode and uses linear compositing by default.
- Linear compositing and spectral blending (pigment).
- Full Python3 support
- Layer views.
- Brush strokes dependent on view rotation and view zoom.
- Additional symmetry modes: vertical, vertical + horizontal, rotational, snowflake.
- Expanded flood fill functionality: offset, feather, gap detection and more.
- New brush settings: offsets, gridmap, additional smudge settings, posterize, pigment.
- New brush inputs: barrel rotation, base radius, zoom level, gridmap x / y, direction 360, attack angle.
How to Install MyPaint 2.0 in Ubuntu:
So far, there ’s only
.appimage available in the Github releases page.Go to the following link, scroll down, and select download the ‘MyPaint-v2.0.0.AppImage‘ package .:
Then right-click on the
.appimage file, go to Properties-> Permissions, and finally make it executable by checking the box says ‘Allow executing file as program’.
Finally run the .appimage file from its context menu to launch MyPaint and enjoy!