OBS Studio 25.0 is finally released after six release candidates. How to install on Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10 via PPA is as follows.
The changes in OBS Studio 25.0 are as follows:
- Ability to capture Vulkan based games
- Add a new window capture mode to capture browser-based windows, Microsoft Store (UWP) programs.
- Add advanced scene collection import
- Media source hotkeys to control playback
- Add T bar to Studio mode
- Added support for SRT protocol
- Ability to copy / paste multiple selected sources
There are many other new features, enhancements, and various bug fixes. to see More.
How to install OBS Studio 25.0 on Ubuntu 18.04:
The containerized Snap package has been updated and can be installed via Ubuntu software.
of Official PPA Provides the latest release packages for Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 19.10.
1. Open the terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on the keyboard or searching for “terminal” from the app launcher. Once opened, execute the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio
When prompted, enter your user password (without asterisk feedback) and press Enter.
2. Then use Software Updater to upgrade OBS Studio from the existing version or run the command in terminal to install the software.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install obs-studio
Once installed, launch the software from the system application launcher and enjoy!
To remove the software, use Synaptic Package Manager or run a command in Terminal.
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove obs-studio
To delete the PPA repository, launch Software and Update and go to the “Other Software” tab.