The first maintenance release of the Oracle Virtualbox 6.1 series was released one day ago.
Virtualbox 6.1.2 Added support for kernel 5.5 on Linux hosts (no guest added yet) and improved resizing and multi-monitor handling of Linux guests using VMSVGA.
Other changes are as follows:
- Fixed performance issues observed with Windows XP guests on AMD hosts
- Fixed audio input processing when VRDE is enabled
- Fix use of encrypted disk with snapshot
- Improve virtio-scsi performance
- Improvements and fixes for some Windows hosts and guests.
How to install Virtualbox 6.1.2 on Ubuntu:
For 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04, Ubuntu 19.10 and their derivatives, you can download the official .deb binary from the link below.
Alternatively, perform the following steps to install VBox from the official apt repository.
1. Open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T), paste and execute the following command to add a repository.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
Linux Mint needs to be replaced
$(lsb_release -sc) With command
bionic For Mint 19.x, or
xenial For mint 18.x.
2. Next, download and install the repository key using the command.
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox_2016.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3. Update the system package cache using the command.
sudo apt update
4. Finally, install Virtualbox 6.1.
sudo apt install virtualbox-6.1
To delete, just run the command in Terminal:
sudo apt remove --autoremove virtualbox-6.1
Then go to Software & Updates-> Other Software and delete the apt repository.