Pale Moon, an open source Goanna-based web browser, has released version 28.14.0 (and 28.14.1 with quickfix) with improved stability and security.
Pale Moon 28.14.0 Release highlights:
- Updated the browser ID code for website security to show the status of the website more clearly.
- We’ve updated the informal brand to more clearly separate the informal build from the more common and productive Pale Moon.
- Added settings (
signon.startup.prompt) Provides the user with the option to require a master password when launching the application.
- Changed the way the download source is displayed to always use the actual download source.
- Implemented CSS
- (Re) Implemented percentage-based CSS
opacityValue according to the updated specifications.
- Updated the scripting process in SVG to run the script only if the script is valid and allowed, avoiding potential XSS pitfalls.
- The has been updated
MediaQueryListInterface to updated specifications.
- Removed old-fashioned and non-standard support
- I removed some of the rest and cleaned up the Windows widget code.
- Fixed security issues: CVE-2020-15676 and CVE-2020-15677
- Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Overview: Two fixed, one defense in depth, seven not applied.
How to install PaleMoon via apt repository:
1.) Open a terminal from the system application launcher. Once open, run the command to add the Ubuntu 20.04 repository.
echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/stevenpusser/xUbuntu_20.04/ /' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:stevenpusser.list
Replace depending on the edition of Ubuntu
2.) Execute the following command to download and install the repository key.
wget -O - https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:stevenpusser/xUbuntu_20.04/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -
Also, please replace
xUbuntu_20.04 The content of the command depends on the edition of Ubuntu.
3.) Finally, update the system package cache and run the following two commands to install the web browser.
sudo apt update sudo apt install palemoon
To delete the apt repository[ソフトウェアとアップデート]Launch and[その他のソフトウェア]Go to the tab.
To remove the web browser, open a terminal and run the following command:
sudo apt remove palemoon