PDF organizer 1.7.0 has been released with new features, such as the ability to crop the white border, allow export to a single file, allow selection of odd or even pages, and support editing more PDF metadata tags.
Originally derived from the popular PDF Shuffler, since then, PDF Arranger has many new features. The application can merge, split, rotate, crop and rearrange PDF document pages using a simple GTK3 user interface. It is suitable for Linux and Windows.
The PDF editor also has various other smaller functions, including editing PDF metadata, merging double-sided scanned documents, and even between multiple PDF Arranger instances (hence, between documents or to new PDF documents), Both can cut/copy/paste PDF pages. Empty instance), duplicate PDF pages, etc.
In the background, the latest PDF Arranger version utilizes Parker, A Python library for QPDF, A powerful PDF manipulation and repair library. Pikepdf supports PDF versions 11 to 1.7, can save and load PDF compressed object streams, can create linearized (fast web view) PDFs, can automatically repair PDFs with internal errors, and also supports PDF XMP metadata editing.You can see the comparison of pikepdf, PyPDF2 and pdfrw on it Project page.
You might also like: How to use GIMP or pdftoppm command line tool to convert PDF to image (PNG, JPEG)
It is important to note that although PDF Arranger requires pikepdf 1.7.0 or higher, it is strongly recommended to use it with pikepdf 1.15.1 or higher, otherwise some functions will not work properly (for example, You cannot open the files cropped with PDF Arranger using pikepdf before 1.15.1 in Acrobat Reader of Windows 10).
The new features and changes of PDF Arranger 1.7.0 include:
- Allow to select odd or even pages
- Add option to crop white border
- Allow export to a single file
- Allows editing of keywords, topics, and creation/modification dates in the document information (it has previously supported editing title, producer, creator and creator tool PDF meta tags)
Ctrl+clickNow remove a single page from the selection
- Enable auto scroll when rubber band is selected
- Show current selection in status bar
- Use Alpha channel to fix image import
- Allow scroll view
- Allow zoom to full page
- Add option to select all pages from the same file
- Improve responsiveness when scrolling zoom levels
- Set the scale factor of the selected page
- Allow custom keyboard shortcuts (
- Add option to select all pages with the same page format
- Support importing encrypted PDF files
- Allow blank pages to be inserted
- Now supports split pages
n x mSplit and not just
1 x 2
- Reduce memory usage
Download PDF arranger
Use the download button above to link to the binary files for Microsoft Windows and Linux. On Linux, you can install PDF Arranger from Flathub, Arch Linux, Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu official repositories (although it may be an older version on Debian/Ubuntu), and there are also third-party packages for Arch Linux, Ubuntu and openSUSE Tumbleweed.
For Ubuntu / Pop! _OS PPA I maintain, please note that since the application strongly recommends using pikepdf 1.15.1 or higher, I only update the PDF Arranger for Ubuntu 20.10 to version 1.7.0, which is only available on Ubuntu 20.10 (and higher Version).You may also Download DEB From PPA instead of adding PPA (scroll down to the end of the page to get the latest version).
You might like: How to convert PDF to text on Linux (GUI and command line)