PDF Organizer It is an application that uses a simple graphical user interface to merge or split PDF files and rotate, crop and rearrange pages of PDF documents. It applies to Linux and Windows.
The tool is the graphical front end of PyPDF2, a branch of PDF-Shuffler, designed to “make projects more active.” It can run on Linux, but there is also experimental Windows support.PDF layout function:
- Rearrange pages in PDF files
- Combine multiple PDF documents
- Export selected pages from PDF
- Delete pages from PDF files
- Crop PDF pages
- Rotate pages in PDF files
- Zoom in / out
- Edit some basic PDF metadata (using PDF Arranger 1.4): title, creator, producer and creator tools
The application is very simple and easy to use, there are only a few buttons in the toolbar, you can open the PDF document, save the current modification, zoom in or out and rotate the PDF document page. To rearrange the pages in the PDF file, open the PDF document you want to modify, and then drag and drop the pages to change their order.
Most functions are available in the application menu (hamburger menu on the title bar) or in the context menu. From there, you can even export the current selection between multiple PDF Arranger instances (export selected PDF pages), crop, copy, split pages, and cut / copy / paste PDF pages.
The first stable PDF Arranger version can be downloaded a few weeks ago. Compared to the last stable PDF-Shuffler version, it includes the following changes:
- Gtk + 3 and Python 3 support
- Switch to pyPDF2 by default. Edit: In version 1.4, PDF Arranger has been switched to python3-pikepdf, and pyPDF2 has been completely removed. Compared with PyPDF2, pikepdf has better PDF support, including support for PDFs below version 1.7, can save and load PDF compressed object streams, and is actively maintained, Among others
- newly added
File -> SaveMenu item that allows overwriting existing documents
- Added reverse order option: select multiple pages in PDF file, then select from PDF Arranger menu
Edit -> Reverse Order
- Fixed zoom
- Fixed page drag and drop
[Update] PDF Arranger is updated frequently, and has recently received greater improvements:
- Undo / redo support
- Export the metadata of the first imported PDF
- Re-render thumbnails when zooming to avoid blurring of PDF thumbnails
- Edit PDF metadata: title, creator, producer and creator tools
- Combine two-sided scanned documents
- Drag and drop PDF pages between multiple PDF Arranger instances (even if empty)
- Cut / copy / paste PDF pages (including between multiple PDF Arranger instances, even if empty)
- Duplicate PDF pages
It is worth mentioning that the new version of PDF-Shuffler that has not been released since 2012 will be removed from Debian because it depends on the old version
python-poppler Package (unless a new version is released that does not depend on this package), the package will be removed from Debian 10 “Buster”. Related: Using Densify to easily compress PDF files in Linux
Download PDF arranger
PDF Arranger readme file has Installation Notes Applies to Debian-based Linux distributions, Arch Linux and Fedora.[Edit] On Fedora 30 and 31 (and higher), you can install PDF Arranger from the repository:
sudo dnf install pdfarranger
[Edit 2] PDF Arranger can now be installed in many Linux distributions From Flathub.
On Ubuntu or Linux Mint, you can install PDF Arranger by adding Linux Uprising Application PPAUse PPA to install with PDF Arranger in Ubuntu 20.04 19.10, 18.04 or 16.04 / Linux Mint 19 or 18 (the latest PDF Arranger is only available for Ubuntu 20.04):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:linuxuprising/apps sudo apt update sudo apt install pdfarranger
You can skip adding PPA and Download DEB Produced by PPA, but will not receive any updates.