qBittorrent torrent client 4.2.2 was released a few days ago.Here ’s how to install it in Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04, and Ubuntu 19.10.
qBittorrent 4.2.2 comes with new features, web UI improvements, and various bug-fixes.And python2 support is removed in the search function.
Changes in the new release include:
- Allow transfer list text color changes through QSS.
- Option to show console when external program is run.
- Change the defaults of some settings.
- Refactored Transfer List code to allow theming.
- Reorganize UI theme selection.
- Show any multiple connections from the same IP in peer list.
- Add stalled filters to GUI and Web API / UI.
- Use IP geolocation database by DB-IP instead of MaxMind.
- Allow to save downloaded metadata as torrent file.
- Allow single app instance per configuration.
- Option to start qBittorrent on Windows start up.
How to Install qBittorrent 4.2.2 in Ubuntu:
The official qBittorrent PPA has built the new release packages for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04, and Ubuntu 19.10.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal by either pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on keyboard or searching for “Terminal” from application menu.When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. If an old version was installed on your system, upgrade it via Software Updater,
or run following commands to install / upgrade qBittorrent in terminal:
sudo apt update sudo apt install qbittorrent
To remove qBittorrent PPA, either go to Software & Updates-> Other Software, or run command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
To remove the bittorrent client, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qbittorrent