qBittorrent, a free and open source Qt5-based Bittorrent client, released version 4.3.5 a few days ago.
qBittorrent 4.3.5 is the last release of the 4.3.x series. Also, Ubuntu 20.04 has an older Qt5 library, which will be discontinued in the next release.
Users who like qBittorrent will continue to get updates for Ubuntu 20.04. Flatpak packageBecause it is a bundle in a containerized package format that contains most of the runtime libraries.
Change qBittorrent 4.3.5 include:
- Moves the cursor last when autofilling a URL / hash in the Download from URL dialog
- Sort invalid QDateTime values after valid values
- Fixed tabChangesFocus attribute in Edit Tracker dialog
- Update the URL of the DynDNS register
- Handle “insufficient disk space” errors better
- Use stylesheets to correctly draw a background of progress
- WEBUI: Correct the magnet URL from the search function
- WEBUI: Review of folder monitoring function
- WEBUI: Correct the magnet URL from the browser
- WEBUI: Allows you to specify a file index with the torrent / file API
- WINDOWS: NSIS: Allows you to translate more strings
- WINDOWS: NSIS: Updated translations for Italian, German, Estonian, Russian and PortalBR.
- Linux: Fixed D-BusNotification desktop input field
- MACOS: Do not use executable name as CFBundleName value
- Lower Qt requirement to 5.11.
- Clarify that the license is GPLv2 +
How to install qBittorrent 4.3.5 via PPA:
The· Official qBittorrent PPA Has built new release packages for Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10, and Ubuntu 21.04.
1. To add a PPA, press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or search for “Terminal” from the application menu to open a terminal. Once open, run the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Enter your user password (without asterisk feedback) when prompted and press Enter to continue.
2. If an older version is installed on your system, upgrade it through the Software Updater.
Alternatively, run the following command to install / upgradeqBittorrent in your terminal.
sudo apt update sudo apt install qbittorrent
To remove qBittorrent PPA[ソフトウェアとアップデート]->[その他のソフトウェア]Go to or run the command in your terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
To remove the bittorrent client, use the system package manager or run the following command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qbittorrent