Many applications have been updated recently, and this article describes the changes in these new versions.
script It is a free and open source application for displaying, recording and controlling Android devices connected to macOS, Windows or Linux desktop via USB or wirelessly. It focuses on performance and quality, providing low latency, high resolution and good FPS (30~60 FPS).
The application requires Android 5.0 and ADB debugging is enabled on the Android device. No root needed!
Changes in Scrcpy 1.17:
--stay-awakeOn Android 11
- By default, scrcpy injects
BACKRight click and
HOMEClick the middle button.A new choice
--forward-all-clicksAdded to forward these clicks to the device
--legacy-pasteOption to change behavior
Ctrl + vwith
MOD + vThis way they can also inject the text in the computer clipboard as a series of key events (in the same way
MOD + Shift + vindeed)
- Screen off solution: If the screen is off, do not try to restore the power mode, the state has reached expectations
- A new choice
--encoderAllow selection of another available H.264 encoder
- Rework console/console version on Windows
BpyTOP Is a free and open source console resource monitor, it displays the usage and status of the processor, memory, disk, network and process. This is a Python port of Bashtop, which is a similar tool written entirely in Bash. It can run on Linux, macOS and FreeBSD.
Three new BpyTOP versions have been released in the last 5 days. The most notable changes are:
- Now, all boxes can be switched by keys 1-4 (start parameter)
-b/--boxesAnd configuration variables
- New: Processing update multiplier (only once every X updates) to reduce cpu usage (default setting is 2)
- Added: The network interface list is now automatically updated
- The default theme now has a black background
- Change: Patch for faster loading of configuration files
- Added nullfs file system to automatically exclude from disk list
- Due to unicode issues in 3.6, the minimum python version is increased to 3.7
- Bug fix
Bleach bit It is a free open source system cleaner (and more features) for Linux and Windows to free up disk space, and there are some privacy features on top.
It can delete the web caches, cookies, URL history, temporary files and log files of popular web browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome/Chromium, Opera, Safari, and delete the caches of many popular applications, recently used temporary files and delete Unused localization (language) files, etc. The tool can also be used to shred files to prevent data recovery, and wipe free disk space to hide previously deleted files.
Changes in BleachBit 4.2.0:
- Added new cleaners for Zoom, Pale Moon browser and Slack Messenger
- Support deep scan and chop
- Support advanced search in deep scan: nregex, wholeregex and nwholeregex
- Clean Chromium during quick installation
- Windows: Add a cleaner to Chromium-based Microsoft Edge
- Add packages for Fedora (32 and 33) and Ubuntu (20.04 and 20.10)
- Bug fix
Safety Eye 2.1.0 / 2.1.1
Safe eyes Is a free and open source Linux tool, it reminds you to take a short break to prevent eye fatigue.
More information about safe eyes: Use safe eyes to prevent eye fatigue when working on a Linux desktop
Safe Eyes 2.1.0 was recently released, followed by 2.1.1 bug fixes, this is the first version since March 2019.
Changes in Safety Eye 2.1.0 / 2.1.1:
- Add option to disable RPC server
- Add scroll bar to “Settings” dialog
- Correct the calculation of idle start time
- Add cron expression to the Health Stats plugin
- Fix Gnome restarts in Ubuntu 20.10
- Give up support for Python 3.4, and add support for 3.8 and 3.9
In the test with the latest Safe Eyes 2.1.1, the application did not show up in the application menu, so I had to run “safeeyes” from the terminal to run it (you can also use
Alt + F2 Then enter “safeeyes” in it to start it.
SimpleScreenRecoder It is an application that directly records Linux desktop (X11 only) and OpenGL applications.
It uses libav/ffmpeg for encoding, and can directly record (with optional sound) OpenGL applications, the entire screen, the rectangle you draw on the screen or window, and properly synchronized audio and video, which is common for other similar problems Problem tool. You can pause and resume the video at any time by clicking or using keyboard shortcuts. Although this feature is experimental, it also supports live streaming.
See also: 5 tools for recording Linux desktops (screenshots)
Changes in SimpleScreenRecorder 0.4.3:
- Added V4L2 support (most webcams and capture cards)
- Added the option to mark the recording area on the screen during recording
- Added JACK metadata
- (Optional) Support XDG configuration directory
- Bug fix
Camry 0.9.60 / 0.9.61
Camry It is an adaptive screen brightness tool that can regularly take screenshots and adjust the pixel brightness according to the screen content-if the screen is too bright, darken the screen; if the content is too dark, brighten the screen. The application is available for Windows and Linux (X11 only).
More information: Gammy: Adaptive screen brightness tool for Linux
Two new Gammy versions (0.9.60 / 0.9.61) have been released recently, and the changes include:
- Added initial multi-monitor support on Windows.This allows the app to run properly on multiple monitors, but only the main screen will be affected by the brightness control
- When calculating image brightness, CPU usage is significantly increased
- Removed unnecessary screen buffer allocation, thereby further reducing CPU and memory usage
- The adaptive speed can now be adjusted more precisely and can be reduced to 0 milliseconds
- Color changes are now reset periodically to overwrite settings of other applications
- Temperature adaptation time is now applied before sunset time
- Temperature adaptation time limit increased to 3 hours
- The screenshot rate range has been increased to 0-1000 ms
- Brightness offset now considers the upper limit
- Config has been renamed to “gammyconf” (
- Known issue: On Linux, if you have a command to run the application at startup, the tray icon may not be displayed without the sleep command
- Bug fix