RSSGuard Feed Reader 3.8.0 has been released today. The new release adds support for labels and the basic CLI interface.
RSS Guard is a simple, lightweight and easy-to-use RSS / ATOM feed aggregator based on Qt. Supports online feed synchronization with:
- Tiny Tiny RSS,
- Nextcloud News,
- Gmail API.
RSS Guard 3.8.0 has been released with the following changes:
- Add label support.
- Labels can also be synced with Inoreader and TT-RSS
- You can assign multiple labels to each message
- The feed view now shows a “Labels” folder with useful per-label filtering.
- Labels assigned to messages can now also be used for message filtering
- You can assign any color to each label
- New Bundle Icon Theme – Numix (Windows Only)
- Numix is now the default icon theme
- Use mini.css instead of Bootstrap as a built-in web-based message viewer
- Added “automatic” reading direction to message body
- JSON feeds are now supported
- Added basic CLI interface
Install RSS Guard on Ubuntu.
So far, there is no deb package for feed readers. However, it does provide the official .Appimage for 64-bit Linux.
1. Download the .Appimage package from the github release page.
2. Right-click on the file and[プロパティ]Go to the dialog.[権限]On the tab[ファイルをプログラムとして実行することを許可する]Select the check box.
3. Finally, right-click on the Appimage file and select Run to launch the application.
The feed reader can also be used as follows: Flatpak package. However, it has not been updated to v3.8.0 at this time.