scissors, A feature-rich cross-platform screenshot tool, suitable for X11 and Wayland, has been updated to version 1.9.0, can add user-defined actions to take screenshots and post-processing, dockable widgets, and many other smaller but useful New features and changes.
This tool allows to take screenshots of rectangular areas, full screens, current screens and active windows, and supports annotations. It comes with tools such as lines, rectangles, ellipses, arrows, pens, markers (rectangles, ellipses, pens), text, text with arrows, automatic numbering and stickers, as well as the ability to zoom or crop screenshots. Or, you can upload screenshots to Imgur or a different image upload website with the help of Ksnip’s built-in script uploader support.
The latest Ksnip 1.9.0 comes with new user-defined operations for taking screenshots and post-processing (screenshots above).From the application
Settings -> Actions You can set the keyboard shortcut and the actions to be performed when you press it, such as using the optional mouse cursor and delay to take screenshots, copying images to the clipboard, uploading images, hiding the main window, etc.These user-defined operations are also displayed in the Ksnip menu, in
File -> Actions.
This version also includes a new option to define the operation of a left-click on the tray icon. You can choose to display the editor or capture (rectangular, full screen, etc.) operations.You can find this in Ksnip
Options -> Settings -> Tray Icon -> Default Tray Icon action.
Another change is the ability to automatically hide the toolbar and annotator settings.This can be done from the app settings or you can use
TAB key. This version also includes new dockable widgets, so you can move various annotator UI elements to where you want.
More changes in Ksnip 1.9.0:
- New tool for copying areas (
- Allow manual change of canvas size
- Canvas background color is now configurable
- Use keyboard shortcuts and buttons on the UI to zoom in and out (included in crop view)
- Allows rotating background image and flipping horizontally and vertically
- Add reverse color image effect
- Add font selection to UI
- Open/paste from clipboard via tray icon
- Allows you to set the transparency of the unselected screenshot area
- Use the arrow keys to adjust the size of the selected rectangular area
- Added option to copy screenshots to clipboard as data URI
- Allow to disable tray icon notifications
- Provides the option to open recent files
- Allows to disable auto resizing after the first capture
- Support drag and drop from ksnip to other applications
- Added support for KDE Plasma notification service
The complete change log can be found in GitHub.
Ksnip is available for Linux, Windows and macOS. On Linux, using the download button above, you will find RPM (for Fedora, openSUSE, etc.) binaries, as well as a universal AppImage that should work on any Linux distribution.
The previous version also has DEB (for Debian/Ubuntu) binaries available for download, but currently there are one question Prevent this; hope that the DEB package will be available for the latest Ksnip 1.9.0 soon. [[Edit]]This problem has been fixed, now you can download the DEB package of Ksnip 1.9.0.
Related: New Shutter PPA for Ubuntu 21.04, 20.10, 20.04 and 18.04 | Linux Mint 20.x and 19.x-I have not updated the PPA with Shutter 0.96 (adding GTK3 support) due to an error, for example This with This.