The free open source planetarium software Stellarium 0.21.0 has been released today. Here’s how to install it on Ubuntu 21.04, Ubuntu 20.10, Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 18.04 via PPA.
The new release has completed work on the exact planetary axis, including lunar libration. It also features the latest algorithm for planetary size, the visualization of the lunar eclipse of the Earth’s shadows. Planets are now scalable and the glare of the sun is switchable for didactic applications.
Other changes are as follows:
- The lunar texture has been improved.
- Enhanced calendar plugin.
- Replaced “arabic” with the more accurate “al-Sufi” sky culture.
- Added invariable plane and projected sun equator line.
- Added solar altitude to the nomenclature of planetary features.
- Added new 4k textures to the moon (needs to rebalance the brightness of the planet shaders)
- Added more basic points.
- Added a new sky culture based on Al-Sufi’s Book of Fixed Stars, written in 964 AD.
- Added old Hindu calendar
- Added Islamic calendar (algorithm) and Hebrew calendar.
- Added French Revolutionary calendar (arithmetic version)
- Added Persian (arithmetic) calendar
- And for much more other changes, Release notes For more information.
How to install Stellarium 0.21.0 via PPA:
The Stellarium developer team Official Ubuntu PPA Use the latest packages from all current Ubuntu releases.
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or search for “Terminal” from the application menu to open a terminal. Once open, run the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stellarium/stellarium-releases
Enter your user password (without asterisk feedback) when prompted and press Enter.
2. Then use the SoftwareUpdater utility to upgrade Stellarium from an older version.
Alternatively, run the following command to install or upgrade the software from the terminal.
sudo apt update sudo apt install stellarium
To remove the software, use System Package Manager or run the following command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove stellarium
Also,[その他のソフトウェア]Of tabs[ソフトウェアとアップデート]Remove the PPA from the utility.