Team viewer 14 versions were released, including improved interface, improved low-bandwidth performance and more improvements, as well as a new product called TeamViewer Pilot, which provides “people who need to solve any type of equipment, machinery or infrastructure problems A productive AR experience “. .
Teamviewer is a popular proprietary application for remote control, desktop sharing, online meetings, web conferencing, and file transfer. It is free for non-commercial use and has multiple commercial licenses with different functions. Teamviewer is available for Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, Android and BlackBerry.
In this version, TeamViewer has started TeamViewer pilot, This is a separate product for commercial use only, through the use of augmented reality technology, can provide remote assistance to on-site employees or customers. Experts can use it to draw or highlight objects in the real world on the screen to easily guide customers.
|TeamViewer 14 computer and contacts and TeamViewer options-use new dark theme|
Return to TeamViewer 14. Linux changes (also available on Windows / Mac) applicable to all licenses (including free version) include:
- The updated interface has now been unified across platforms, and a dark theme has been added (
Extras -> Options -> General -> Choose a theme)
Computers & ContactsThere is a new panel on the right that displays detailed information about the contact and provides an interactive way
- Instant connection area at the top of the window, allowing connection by ID without leaving the current tab
- Intelligent adaptive compression can automatically detect low bandwidth and adjust compression, thereby improving speed and reliability for users running low-bandwidth connections.
In addition, the TeamViewer dependency has been updated to Qt 5.5 (Qt 5.6 may be used next year). TeamViewer 14 comes with a compatibility library in case your Linux distribution does not have this Qt version, such as Debian 8 or Ubuntu 14.04.
There are two new features available only for licensed customers:
- Custom device information: This feature is only available to licensed customers and is used to add and edit custom properties on the device in “Computers and Contacts”-add a company name, or add a static IP address, operating system, or any name you want .
- Trusted device: Authorize your new device to log in for the first time to use a TeamViewer account
As for Wayland, TeamViewer currently supports outgoing connections, but does not support incoming remote control. For this, you need to log in to the Xorg session. The TeamViewer developers do want to add full support for Wayland and are developing it. However, according to the staff of TeamViewer, since Ubuntu 18.04 LTS does not use Wayland by default, the urgency of adding Wayland support has been “reduced”. For Windows and macOS, TeamViewer 14 also adds remote printing support for HP printers. Click Remote Script Execution, and then integrate Servicecamp into the QuickSupport module (these functions require a paid license).
Update: This article was originally about TeamViewer 14 Preview released on October 23, 2018. At the same time, the final (stable) version of Teamviewer 14 can be downloaded, so I updated this article.