Free and open source vector graphics editor Mo Jing Has been updated to version 1.1. The new version includes welcome dialog, command panel, rewritten docking system, etc.
Inkscape 1.1 was released one year after the major version of Inkscape 1.0, which has been in development for more than three years.
In this version, the free and open source vector graphics editor introduces a new welcome screen, from which you can choose the canvas color, keyboard shortcut layout and theme (including dark or light mode), and quickly open existing files or download from Create a new template:
Another new feature of Inkscape 1.1 is the command panel, which can be used
? Key, which allows searching for various functions without using menus or keyboard shortcuts:
Not all operations supported by Inkscape are available for the new command panel, but more operations should be provided in future versions of Inkscape.
Inkscape 1.1 also comes with a rewritten docking system, which solves many problems and allows dialog boxes to be docked on both sides of the screen. Dialogs are displayed as tabs, and when more dialogs are opened, they will be converted to icons. More importantly, Inkscape can now remember your cross-session settings.
More changes in Inkscape 1.1:
- It is now easier to find preference options by using the new search field
- Now you can use the node tool to copy, cut and paste part of the path
- The new contour overlay mode displays the contour of the object while also displaying its true color
- You no longer need to remember to click “Export” in the PNG export dialog, because the export has already taken place after you click “Save” in the file selection dialog
- Export directly from Inkscape to JPG, TIFF, optimized PNG and WebP
- When pasting a copied object, Inkscape now by default pastes it directly on top of the currently selected object
- The extension used to update the extension and install additional extensions, called Extension manager Available now (currently in beta)
This This is the Inkscape 1.1 release video, which introduces some of the improvements added in this version:
Inkscape is available for Windows, Linux and macOS. The Linux download points to an AppImage binary file, a Snap package, and an Ubuntu / Linux Mint PPA.Although this is not mentioned on the Inkscape download page, the application can also be installed from the following location Flat hub , Although it has not been updated to the latest 1.1 version.