Oracle VirtualBox has released version 6.1.20 as the tenth update to the 6.1 release series of open source virtualization software.
For Linux hosts and guests, this release adds support for both kernel 5.11 and kernel 5.12. Also, the maximum MTU size for host-only adapters since Linux kernel 4.10 has been increased to 16110.
There are also additional bug fixes for Linux guests, including a vbox video module compilation fix for kernel version 5.10.x, a kernel module build fix for RHEL 8.4 beta and CentOS Stream.
Other changes in VirtualBox 6.1.20 are:
- Fixed an issue that caused VM performance to drop significantly depending on the timing of various actions.
- Fixed an issue where the guest operating system would hang in certain situations where Hyper-V was present.
- Fixed a gurus meditation error when using a nested hypervisor under certain circumstances.
- Fixed SMAP related host panic affecting Solaris 11.4 systems with Intel Haswell CPU or later.
- Add cloud-init support for exporting to OCI and creating OCI instances.
- Fixed “Delete all files” where Logs / VBoxUI.log remains.
- Multiple audio fixes and enhancements.
- Fixed duplex audio device detection on macOS.
- Fixed link status report for “not connected” adapters.
- Fixed a connectivity issue with the OS / 2 guest e1000.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with the VxWorks e1000 driver.
- Fixed GUI check of port forwarding rule that rejects IPv6 in “Nat network”.
- Fixed a VM hang that could occur when using a serial port in disconnected mode.
- Fixed interoperability with v4l2loopback and fixed webcam crash under certain circumstances.
- Fixed sporadic Windows VM hangs or reboots when CPU load is high.
- Allows you to change the network adapter connection of the saved VM with “modify vm”.
- Fixed argument handling to respect the’–root’ option.
How to install VirtualBox 6.1.20 on Ubuntu:
.deb You can download the package from the link below.
If you have already added the Oracle apt repository for Linux, simply install the update through the Software Updater.
Alternatively, run the following commands one at a time to add the apt repository.
1. Open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T), paste under the command and run to add the repository.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
For Linux Mint, need to replace
$(lsb_release -sc) With a command
bionic For Mint 19.x, or
xenial For Mint 18.x or
focal For Linux Mint 20.
2. Then use the command to download and install the repository key.
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox_2016.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3. Use the command to update the system package cache.
sudo apt update
4. Finally, install Virtualbox 6.1.
sudo apt install virtualbox-6.1
To remove it, just run the command in your terminal.
sudo apt remove --autoremove virtualbox-6.1
And[ソフトウェアとアップデート]->[その他のソフトウェア]Go to and delete the apt repository.