Vivaldi Web Browser 2.11 was released a few days ago. The new release includes improved pop-up video and updated themes.
Vivaldi 2.11 Brings an improved pop-out video. You can now easily launch individual floating video windows with a single click on the small video box icon that appears in the center of the video.
Other changes in the new release include:
- The default browser theme follows the dark / light mode of the system.
- F6 / Shift + F6 Add focus processing. You can move keyboard focus between some UI elements and the active page.
- An improved full screen tab cast that adjusts to fit in the current window.
- And various stability improvements and fixes.
Download / install Vivaldi on Ubuntu.
The official Ubuntu .DEB package can be downloaded from the link below.
Obtain the deb that matches your OS type and install it using Ubuntu Software or Gdebi Package Manager. Or execute the command in terminal:
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/vivaldi-stable_2.11*.deb
You can also add the official Vivaldi apt repository to your system so that you can receive browser package updates via the Software Updater utility.
Open a terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or by searching for the terminal from the application menu. When opened, execute the following commands one by one.
1. Download and install the repository keyring.
wget -qO- https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add -
Enter the user’s password when prompted and press Enter to continue.
2. Add Vivaldi repository using command.
sudo add-apt-repository 'deb https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/deb/ stable main'
3. Finally check for updates and install the web browser using the command.
sudo apt update && sudo apt install vivaldi-stable
Alternatively, upgrade from an older version using the Software Updater utility.
(Optional): To remove Vivaldi apt repository from your system, launch “Software and Updates” and navigate to “Other Software” tab.