Vivaldi Web Browser 3.5 was released a day ago with improved tab and media playback and support for sharing URLs via QR codes.
Vivaldi 3.5 Release highlights:
- More tab management. For example, by default it opens a new tab in the background and duplicates the tab in the background.
- Add a Widevine certificate key for a better experience with Amazon Prime HD, Spotify, Disney +, Peacock TV and more.
- If enabled, use the small button in the address field to share the URL with the QR code.
- Enable shortcuts in the context menu
- Improved single key shortcuts.
- Make Google Components Optional: Hangouts, Cast, Cloud Print
- Accepted language settings
- Upgrade to Chromium87.0.4280.88 and so on.
How to install Vivaldi 3.5 on Ubuntu:
You can download the official Ubuntu.DEB package from the link below.
Get the deb that matches your OS and install it via either the Ubuntu software installation or the Gdebi package installer. Alternatively, run the command in the terminal.
sudo apt install ./Downloads/vivaldi-stable*.deb
Vivaldi also has an official apt repository where you can install your browser and get future updates via the SoftwareUpdater utility.
Open the terminal by using the Ctrl + Alt + T keyboard shortcut or by searching for the terminal from the application menu. Once open, run the following commands one at a time.
1. Download and install the repository key.
wget -qO- https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add -
Enter your user password when prompted and press Enter to continue.
2. Use the command to add the Vivaldi repository.
sudo add-apt-repository 'deb https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/deb/ stable main'
3. Finally, check for updates and use the following command to install your web browser.
sudo apt update && sudo apt install vivaldi-stable
Alternatively, use the SoftwareUpdater utility to upgrade from an older version.
(Optional): To remove the Vivaldi apt repository from your system[ソフトウェアとアップデート]Launch and[その他のソフトウェア]Go to the tab.