The VideoLAN team announced the release of VLC Media Player 3.0.10 a few days ago. They skipped version 3.0.9 and marked VLC 3.0.10 as the ninth update for “Vetinari”.
Release highlights VLC 3.0.10 include:
- Fix and improve multiple DVDs
- Better adaptive streaming support
- Fix video rendering on macOS
- Various MP4 improvements
- Added libsmb2 support for SMB2 / 3 shares
- Fix various DOS in security issues, especially detection of microDNS service
- Improved macOS Catalina support
Install VLC media player on Ubuntu.
VLC can be installed on Ubuntu in three different ways, but not all have been updated at the time of writing.
1. You can run the command (Ctrl + Alt + T) in the terminal to install the native .deb package.
sudo apt install vlc
2. The VLC snap package that runs in the sandbox is located at:
3. The VLC Flatpak package also runs in the sandbox and is available at: