Warzone 2100, a real-time tactics hybrid computer game, released version 4.0.0 a few days ago with many changes.
The new release of the open source 3D real-time strategy game features support for a new graphics backend.
- New support for Vulkan 1.0 and later, OpenGL ES 3.0 / 2.0, DirectX (via libANGLE, OpenGL ES-> DirectX), Metal (via MoltenVK, Vulkan-> Metal)
- OpenGL 2.1 compatibility profile in addition to existing support for OpenGL 3.0+ core profiles
Other features are:
- A new “faction” for multiplayer / skirmishes
- High resolution terrain texture, background
- New Music Manager, + Lupus-Mechanics New Soundtrack Album
- Support for “script generation” / “random” maps (and two new built-in maps that take advantage of this: 6p-entropy and 10p-waterloop)
- Scrollable room chat, and many other UI / widget improvements
- Updated / Smarter AI Bot (Bonecrusher, Cobra)
- New “headless” mode (
- JS API enhancements, + new “script debugger”
- Remove Qt as Dependency + New Embedded JS Engine: QuickJS
- Improved quality of life / smoothness
- Hundreds of bug fixes
See the ChangeLog file for more information. github project page..
How to install Warzone 2100 4.0.0 on Ubuntu:
The game provides an official Snap package. It’s easy to install from Ubuntu software.
Don’t like containerized software packages? For Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Linux Mint 19/20, and based systems, get the classic DEB package from the link below.
Then open a terminal from the system app launcher and run the command to install the deb package.
sudo apt install ./Downloads/warzone2100*.deb