Want to see your IP address, listening port, or local network device, but hate Linux commands? Well, What IP is a simple graphical tool for doing that job.
Which IP A free open source tool written in Python 3 with the GTK + 3 framework. Software features:
- Shows the IP addresses of public, local, and virtual interfaces.
- Shows the location of the public IP.
- List the ports that your system is listening on and see if they are publicly reachable.
- Lists all devices on your local network.
How to install IP on Ubuntu:
The software is available as a flat pack package. Flathub repository.. Open a terminal and run the following commands one at a time to install on Ubuntu 20.04 (Ubuntu 18.04 is Added Flat Pack PPA the first).
- 1.) Run the following command to install the flatpak framework.
sudo apt install flatpak
- 2.) Add the flathub repository using the command.
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
- 3.) Finally, use the command to install the tool.
flatpak install flathub org.gabmus.whatip
(Optional) To remove the What IP flatpak package, run the following command:
flatpak uninstall flathub org.gabmus.whatip