XFE (The X-Files Explorer) is a lightweight Windows File Explorer or Commander like File Manager for Unix / Linux X.
It has a small memory footprint, is very fast, and only needs the FOX library to be fully functional, aimed at reducing the weight of desktop users.
XFE Features include:
- UTF-8 support
- Commander / Explorer interface with 4 UI modes
- Stacking horizontal or vertical file panels
- Integrated text editor (xfwrite), image viewer (xfimage)
- Integrated RPM or DEB package installer / uninstaller (xfpack).
- Custom shell scripts (such as Nautilus scripts)
- Search files and directories
- Disk usage command
- Mount / Unmount Device (Linux only)
- Color, control, icon themes (GNOME, KDE, Windows, …)
- Archive creation and extraction (tar, compress, zip, gzip, bzip2, xz, lzh, rar, ace, arj, 7zip formats are supported)
- File comparison (using external tools)
- Thumbnail image preview
- Configurable key bindings
To install XFE on Ubuntu , just open
terminal Execute the command:
sudo apt install xfe
Once installed, open your file manager from the system application launcher and have fun!
(Optional) To remove XFE, run the command in your terminal.
sudo apt remove --autoremove xfe