Xournal ++ It was recently updated to version 1.0.14, and a minor version 1.0.15 was quickly released. With this update, the app has received a new experimental floating toolbox, redesigned preferences, and some significant quality of life changes.
Xournal ++ is a handwritten note application that supports PDF annotations and runs on Linux, macOS, and Windows 10.
This tool is written in the C ++ language of GTK + 3 and can be used to take notes with a pen input device such as a Wacom tablet, while also allowing users to take notes due to its audio recording and playback capabilities. The application can not only record handwritten and audio notes, but also annotate PDF documents (and more)-it can insert text / LaTeX, draw shapes, insert black or delete existing PDF pages.
For its file format, Xournal ++ uses .xopp, .gz to compress XML. This file format does not include the PDF itself, but only links to it. A new file format is being developed that can store attached PDF files. However, you can open PDF documents with Xournal ++, and you can export to PDF (in other formats like PNG or SVG), in which case all comments you may have added to your PDF document will be exported .
Significant changes in Xournal ++ 1.0.14 (and 1.0.15):
- Added a new experimental floating toolbox. Activate it from the menu
View -> Toolbars -> Floating Toolbox (experimental)And then open Xournal ++ preferences and go to
StylusAnd assign a button to
Floating Toolbox (experimental). You can then open a new floating toolbox by pressing the assigned mouse / stylus button. go with
View -> Toolbars ->CustomizeChoose which components should be displayed on the floating toolbox
- Reset the preferences window
- Improved recording quality and stability
- Improved copy-paste behavior
Enter/Shift+EnterForward search bar
- LaTeX tools now warn users if latex dependencies are missing
- Renamed “thin” thickness to “fine”; added “very fine” and “very thick” thickness
- Added right-click context menu to the page preview sidebar with the following items: insert pages before / after, repeat pages, move up / down, and delete pages
- Many other small improvements and bug fixes
New Xournal ++ floating toolbox and preferences:Related files: PDFArranger: Merge, Split, Rotate, Crop, or Rearrange PDF Documents (PDF-Shuffler Fork)
Download Xournal ++
Xournal ++ GitHub project page has Installation Notes Available for Ubuntu and its derivatives, openSUSE, Arch Linux, Windows and macOS. There is Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) and Debian Buster Downloadable binaries too.
You can also install Xournal ++ from Flathub (Updated to the latest version) or Snapshot storage (Only Git builds are available).
You might also like:
- How to convert PDF to text on Linux (GUI and command line)
- How to edit PDF metadata tags using GUI or command line on Linux